Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Auburn winter. If you already called Forster Heating for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 530-885-8081 to get one on the calendar.
There are many easy things you can do in between pro maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and uphold peak efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are accessible for ideal airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or clutter has accumulated, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s operating appropriately. Simply turn it on and gently lift the temperature setting until your heat pump flips on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Forster Heating at 530-885-8081 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!