As spring starts, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Auburn? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running good last season.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Forster Heating professional can help find small issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that build up within your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to elevated energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little problems before they become major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine components and carry out a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate issues before they become extensive problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is vulnerable to advanced meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with Forster Heating
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Forster Heating pros a shout at 530-885-8081 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.