It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like realizing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to notify you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of benefits that can help improve your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Forster Heating in Auburn has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 530-885-8081.