Would you consider your home healthy? It might not be as healthy as you think. Pollution can be two to five times higher indoors than outdoors, as noted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Indoor air buildup circulating through your residence’s air may result in headaches and allergy attacks. And mold and mildew can cause a host of health problems.
Though headaches and allergies could be the result of other issues, they may be an indicator your house has indoor air quality (IAQ) trouble. This is particularly the potential cause if it goes away while you’re gone.
- Itchy eyes, nose, throat or skin
- Headaches and sinus problems
- Allergies or asthma troubles that are more irritated than regular
- Coughing and sneezing
- Faintness or feeling queasy
An old heating and cooling unit may be a possible factor in indoor air quality challenges, particularly if the HVAC system appears to be struggling to purify air, regulate humidity or keep temperatures dependable.
Here are a few other signals you may choose to evaluate your indoor air:
- Extreme static or mold growth
- Unwarranted grime
- Musty scents