There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Auburn, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees may help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Forster Heating expert stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures dip in Auburn. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Forster Heating a call at 530-885-8081 to start saving a little more today.