Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Auburn is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Forster Heating consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Forster Heating in Auburn at 530-885-8081 today.