Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Auburn are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Forster Heating in Auburn offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 530-885-8081 and stay comfortable this summer.