Having regular air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Auburn summer, have the experts at Forster Heating complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the air.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Forster Heating today at 530-885-8081.