During the cold Auburn months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Forster Heating will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Forster Heating right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Forster Heating can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Forster Heating at 530-885-8081 or arrange an appointment with us online.