With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Forster Heating expert perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is running properly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Forster Heating a call at [[phonenumber]].